Welcome to Bexton Primary School
Welcome to the Bexton Primary School website. We hope you find all the information you need to learn more about Bexton Primary School.
At Bexton we aim to have happy children who are motivated to learn. Our children are very well behaved and proud of their school. Over the last three years, the school has steadily risen in local and national rankings and we are now proud to be the second highest performing school in Cheshire East for attainment in reading, writing and maths and top 2% nationally for attainment. In 2019, our progress for reading , writing and maths was well above national averages, putting us in the top 1% of schools nationally for attainment and top 5% for progress. This shows that children make excellent progress and achieve very high standards due to the excellent teaching standards across the school.
We have an incredibly strong staff team of teachers and support staff who care and support all pupils. Parents are also supportive and share our high aspirations for their children. Whether you are a parent of a child at Bexton Primary School or a prospective parent we hope you feel welcomed and valued as part of our warm, happy school community.
In August 2019 we became part of Cheshire Academies Trust. Please see their website for more information on our partner schools.
At Bexton we work in partnership with children, parents and extended families to develop lively and enquiring minds that acquire knowledge and skills relevant to our children’s needs, now and in the future.
To do this we aim to:
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum which recognises each child’s individuality and meets his / her needs
- Offer first hand experiences wherever possible in order to stimulate interest
- Have equal opportunities for access to all parts of the curriculum
- Foster worthwhile attitudes and values of caring and respect for others
- Recognise and value each child’s talents and enable them to feel part of a loving, caring community
Our long term vision
Our vision is based around the three lenses of emotional intelligence.
- Looking Inwards: Bexton goes beyond looking at individuals. We create a whole school community where every person belongs, is valued and can thrive.
- Looking Outwards: Bexton goes beyond looking at our school in isolation. We support and learn from a wider local, national and global community.
- Looking Forward: Bexton goes beyond looking at our current impact. We make a positive difference to our children, their families and our wider community far into the future.
Please see our governors section to read the vision document in full.
More about Bexton
Bexton Primary School is a two form entry primary school situated on a 4-5 acre site in the market town of Knutsford, Cheshire. The school is in a semi-rural location, surrounded on two sides by farm land but in close vicinity to a number of popular housing estates.
The school was originally built as separate Infant and Junior schools, with a new corridor build in 2012 enabling the two buildings to be joined together. The EYFS area is open plan with full access to a dedicated outdoor provision, the remainder of the school is arranged as 12 classrooms and separate learning hub used to promote small group learning. The school has an extensive library that is housed within the school corridors with space for the children to sit and read. We are fortunate to have large classrooms and smaller spaces for group work. All school dinners are cooked on-site in the school kitchen and the cook works hard to provide a variety of healthy, delicious meals.
Outside, the school has an extensive “Astro-Turf” pitch, a school garden containing 15 raised beds, a chicken coop, two woodland areas, a woodland trail, hard surface playgrounds and an extensive grassed area incorporating football pitches.
The school can cater for up to 420 children (14 classes of 30 children). In September 2015 there were 432 children on the school roll. In 2015 we increased our ‘Pupil Admission Number’ to cope with local demand and provided three smaller classes of 25 in Reception.