HOME LEARNING PAGE
While school is closed we will be preparing a weekly activity sheet for each year group and uploading it to your child's year group page. We have sent each child a Home Learning Book where they can complete some of the activities we suggest. We would also encourage children to spend some time doing nice family activities, such as playing games, watching movies, baking together or gardening.
Children can also:
- Read up to 30 minutes a day
- Use Times Table Rock Stars/ Numbots to practise key maths skills
- Use Spelling Shed to practise weekly spellings
- Use My Maths. We will be asking the teachers to add additional tasks to each class account
- On each year group webpage there are some reading and maths activities. There are also some activities uploaded to this page.
A number of educational providers are also offering free accounts during the school closure so we will post examples here over the next couple of weeks.
- Hamilton Trust are offering weekly English and maths materials https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/
- Each Monday at 9am Joe Wicks will be delivering a PE lesson - watch this at youtube.com/thebodycoach1
- Gareth Metcalfe (a maths trainer) is posting maths lessons online here http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/
- A favourite in our early years classes, Spread the Happiness TV will show daily activities from Monday 23rd March https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0shfH3pzhrf3dOrSj_pRw
- Phonics Play is now free www.phonicsplay.co.uk Username March20 Password home
- Watch a sign language video everyday from 1pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR2Zb7TbiOA&feature=youtu.be
- Carol Vorderman has also offered free access to her website until schools open themathsfactor.com
- Jane Consodine is streaming live writing lessons each week day. Everyday at 9.45 there will be a film focus, at 10.30 there is a sentence stacking activity where Jane will demonstrate and give writing challenges. From 12.30 until 2pm parents can submitt children's writing by email (more details here youtu.be/nMVpipnXrDc ) At 3.30 she will share the writing with the nation.
- Jodrell Bank have provided some learning resources here https://www.jodrellbank.net/sciencelearningathome/?utm_source=The%20University%20of%20Manchester%20for%20Jodrell%20Bank%20Discovery%20Centre&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11421156_Science%20Learning%20at%20Home&dm_i=1DU9,6SSMC,U5M9CW,R7QWJ,1
- Some extra reading materials from First News https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/
Below are a list of useful websites that can help support your child's learning at home
We hope you find these websites useful in supporting your child's learning at home.