Membership, Committees, Link Governors and meeting dates 2020-21
Bexton Board of Governors
Useful information Autumn Term 2020
- Constitution of governing board
- List of governors with categories and terms of office
- Link governors and special responsibilities
- Chair and vice chair of governing board
- Membership of committees
- Clerk to Governors
- Meeting dates Autumn 2020
Bexton Governing Board currently has a maximum membership of 14 governors, and will align with other CAT schools with a maximum membership of 12 governors by the end of 2021.
- 2 parent governors
- Headteacher governor
- 1 staff governor
- 8 co-opted governors
2. List of governors with category and term of office
Headteacher/ Principal governor
- Emily Armstrong (Headteacher/ Principal) ex officio i.e. governor by virtue of office
- Sandra Bland (31.01.23)
- John Squires (29.10.21)
- Kathryn Woolf (27.10.21)
- Catherine Hulme (29.10.21)
- Jim Lovett (29.10.21)
- Sue Sharratt (3.7.22)
- Lynne Lea (3.7.22)
- Matt Stephenson (14.3.25)
- Lucy Goldsmith (22.5.24)
- Jill Sach (Deputy Headteacher/ Principal)
3. Link governors and special responsibilities (updated after Local Governing Board reviewed at LGB on 14 December 2020)
- Governor training and liaison- Lynne Lea
- Vision – Catherine Hulme
- SEND – Sue Sharratt, lead teacher Anna Aitken SENDCo
- Assessment data and Pupil Premium – Kathryn Woolf. Lead teacher is Jill Sach.
- Safeguarding – Sue Sharratt. Lead teacher is Emily Armstrong.
- Health and Safety – 1. John Squires and 2. Lucy Goldsmith
- Marketing- Lucy Goldsmith. Lead teacher is Emily Armstrong.
- SDP area: Lower achieving groups in maths - Kathryn Woolf. Lead teacher Jill Chadwick, Caroline Butler and Jill Sach.
- SDP area: Wider curriculum, including Ethical Enterprise and British Values- Sue Sharratt. Lead teacher Jill Sach.
- GDPR Matt Stephenson.
- EYFS: Lynne Lea.
- Equality: Lucy Goldsmith
4. Chair of governing board: Matt Stephenson (until 1 October 2021)
Vice chair of governing board: Kathryn Woolf (until 1 October 2021)
5. Membership of subcommittees until December 2020 (nb. flat structure adopted from 14 December 2020)
Resources Subcommittee: Matt Stephenson (chair), Jim Lovett (vice chair), Lynne Lea, John Squires, Catherine Hulme, Emily Armstrong, Jill Sach.
Curriculum Subcommittee: Lucy Goldsmith (chair), Emily Armstrong, Kathryn Woolf (vice chair), Sue Sharratt, Sandra Bland, Jill Sach (associate member).
Headteacher/ Principal 'Performance Management' Panel: Steve Ellis (CEO CAT), PEter Woodhouse (CAT Trustee), LGB Chair (Matt Stephenson)
Salary Committee/ Pay Panel: Chair of LGB (Matt Stephenson), Catherine Hulme and Kathryn Wool
Wraparound Building working group: John Squires, Emily Armstrong, Matt Stephenson, Lucy Goldsmith, Lynne Lea.
6. Clerk to Governors: Georgina Blake
Draft minutes of all LGB and committee meetings to be received by all governors within 2 weeks of meeting by email and to be uploaded onto Sharepoint.
7. Meeting dates Autumn Term 2020
n.b. All meetings on a Wednesday at 6pm unless otherwise stated
Autumn Term 2020
Extraordinary meeting of LGB 30 September 2020
Resources Subcommittee: 21 October 2020
Curriculum Subcommittee: 18 November 2020
Local Governing Board meeting (all governors): 14 December 2020
LGB 20 January 2021
LGB 10 February 2021
LGB 10 March 2021
LGB 5 May 2021
LGB 9 June 2021
LGB 30 June 2021