Membership, Committees, Link Governors and meeting dates 2019-20
Bexton Board of Governors
Useful information Autumn Term 2019
- Constitution of governing board
- List of governors with categories and terms of office
- Link governors and special responsibilities
- Chair and vice chair of governing board
- Membership of committees
- Clerk to Governors
- Meeting dates 2018-9
The Trust is currently reviewing whether the size of the Bexton Local Governing Board will remain at 14 governors, as it was before the recent Academisation in August 2019. If that is the case, there will be a maximum of two co-opted governor vacancies which we will aim to fill in the Spring Term.
Bexton Governing Board currently has a membership of 12 governors.
- 3 parent governors
- Headteacher governor
- 1 staff governor
- 7 co-opted governors
2. List of governors with category and term of office
Headteacher/ Principal governor
- Emily Armstrong (Headteacher/ Principal) ex officio i.e. governor by virtue of office
- Sandra Bland (31.01.23)
- Jon Webb (22.05.20)
- Lucy Goldsmith (22.05.20)
- Matt Stephenson (14.03.21)
- John Squires (29.10.21)
- Kathryn Woolf (27.10.21)
- Catherine Hulme (29.10.21)
- Jim Lovett (29.10.21)
- Peter Kingdom (05.7.20)
- Sue Sharratt (3.7.22)
- Lynne Lea (3.7.22)
- Jill Sach (Deputy Headteacher/ Principal)
3. Link governors and special responsibilities (updated after Local Governing Board Autumn 2019)
- Governor training and liaison- Lynne Lea
- Vision – Catherine Hulme
- SEND – Sue Sharratt, lead teacher Anna Aitken SENDCo (Tom Wyatt from 2019-20)
- Assessment data and Pupil Premium – Kathryn Woolf. Lead teacher is Jill Sach.
- Safeguarding – Peter Kingdom. Lead teacher is Emily Armstrong.
- Health and Safety – 1. John Squires and 2. Lucy Goldsmith
- PE and Sports funding- Jon Webb. Lead teacher is Jenny Hossack (Rob Evans 2019-20).
- Marketing- Lucy Goldsmith. Lead teacher is Emily Armstrong.
- SDP Area: Mental health and Well Being- Jon Webb. Lead teacher Emily Armstrong and Wendy Snook.
- Academy Transition- John Squires. Lead teacher Emily Armstrong.
- SDP area: Lower achieving groups in maths - Kathryn Woolf. Lead teacher Jill Chadwick, Caroline Butler and Jill Sach.
- SDP area: Wider curriculum, including Ethical Enterprise and British Values- Sue Sharratt. Lead teacher Jill Sach.
- GDPR Matt Stephenson.
- EYFS: Lynne Lea
4. Chair of governing board: John Squires (until 20 November 2020)
Vice chair of governing board: Kathryn Woolf (until 20 November 2020)
5. Membership of subcommittees
Resources Subcommittee: Jim Lovett and Matt Stephenson (chair and vice chair), Lynne Lea, John Squires, Catherine Hulme, Peter Kingdom, Emily Armstrong, Jill Sach.
Curriculum Subcommittee: Lucy Goldsmith (chair), Emily Armstrong, Kathryn Woolf (vice chair), Sue Sharratt, Sandra Bland, Jon Webb, Jill Sach (associate member).
Headteacher/ Principal 'Performance Management' Panel: Steve Ellis (CEO CAT), Harry Ziman in Autumn 2019 (CAT Trustee), LGB Chair (Peter Woodhouse in Autumn 2019, John Squires from Spring 2019)
Salary Committee/ Pay Panel: Chair of LGB (John Squires), Catherine Hulme and Kathryn Woolf
Academy Working Group: Lucy Goldsmith, Vicki Allen, Jill Sach, Emily Armstrong, Catherine Hulme, Sandra Bland, Matt Stephenson and John Squires.
Three Year Plan Working Group: Emily Armstrong, Sue Sharratt, Matt Stephenson, Catherine Hulme, Jill Sach.
Wraparound Building working group: John Squires, Emily Armstrong, Matt Stephenson, Lucy Goldsmith, Lynne Lea.
6. Clerk to Governors: Georgina Blake
Draft minutes of all FGB and committee meetings to be received by all governors within 2 weeks of meeting by email and to be uploaded onto Governor Hub.
7. Meeting dates 2019-20
n.b. All meetings on a Wednesday at 6pm unless otherwise stated
Autumn Term 2019
Curriculum Subcommittee: 25 September 2019
Resources Subcommittee: 16 October 2019
Local Governing Board meeting (all governors): 20 November 2019
Spring Term 2020
Curriculum Subcommittee: 15 January 2020 7pm-9pm (after 6pm Data training for governors)
Resources Subcommittee: 12 February 2020
Local Governing Board meeting (all governors): 18 March 2020
Summer Term 2020
Curriculum Subcommittee: 6 May 2020
Resources Subcommittee:10 June 2020
Local Governing Board meeting (all governors): 15 July 2020